Saturday 4 October 2014

Nissan car warranty mistake cost me £2,000

Car maker said repairs were not covered as I had not extended my warranty but I had

My Nissan X-Trail blew up 11 months after I bought it. Nissan replaced the engine and other parts and I was advised to purchase an extended warranty which I did. Five years later, it blew up again. Nissan insisted it was not liable since no extended warranty was in place and, as I couldnt find the documentation, I felt that I had no choice but to accept this. It cost me £2,000 to repair it and, soon afterwards, I replaced it. Two months later I received a letter from Nissan inviting me to renew my extended warranty. When I told them this was proof I had a policy, and should have been covered, they said I no longer had a claim as I had sold the car. SE, Grimsby

Nissan feebly argues that you didnt mention a warranty when you first called to report the damage and that when you finally brought it to their attention, after they had declined payment, it had expired.

Continue reading...

7 day van insurance quinn van insurance multiple van insurance cheap van insurance for under 25 short time van insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.