Thursday 6 September 2012

Barclays takes PPI payments and fails to address claim

PPI paperwork sent to the wrong address caused delays and confusion in a seemingly straightforward claim

On 21 March I telephoned Barclays to pursue a possible PPI claim. I was sent a questionnaire to submit and on 14 May Barclays sent me a copy of its "Full Resolution", but addressed it to the house from which my late husband and I had moved four years previously. As the papers had to be signed and returned within the next five days, I missed the deadline, meaning I have not received any compensation. I still have the loan, and PPI repayments continue to be taken from me by direct debit. SO, Reading

Barclays apologised to you for the stress and inconvenience it has caused. A spokesman said it was made aware of your new address in March but still managed to write to your old address in May. When it did write to you at your actual address you didn't receive the letter, for which it has no explanation. It has now sent you the correct documentation and looks forward to addressing your PPI claim – for which the bank has offered you compensation of £9,197.

You can email Mark King at your.problems@observer.co.uk or write to Mark King, Your Problems, The Observer, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU. Please include a phone number and an address.


guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

e van insurance telephone number 24 hour van insurance european van insurance trade van insurance limited company van insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.